Thursday, June 7, 2012

A BIG Thank You!!

Well its been a few days since I have updated this...I apologize for that, but I dont want to seem redundant.   Mom goes a few times a week for therapy, blood work twice a week, and doctor once a week (down from twice a week..yay).  When she goes in for the blood work they adjust her meds accordingly. They did adjust one of her rejection meds, which made her weak and shakey, but they will find the right "cocktail" in due time.  As far as the doctor visits, she used to go twice a week, but since she is doing soo well she gets to go once a week.  She is still leaps and bounds above where they thought she would be.  We are soo very proud of her. 
She still is on no oxygen, and infact they took the tanks out of the fifth wheel.  She hated packing those things around, infact she would say the hose was her leash.  No more leash mom!!

They have had a bit of company lately: 
Thomas (oldest grandson) dropped in for a surprise visit this last weekend. 
Alicia (oldest daughter from Washington) came with her family on Monday.  This was the first time mom and dad had met her husband (Jeff), and they have nothing but wonderful things to say about him. They brought 3 little ones, and Alicia's second oldest boy Dillon.  I wish the weather was a little warmer for them.  They will be heading home on Friday. 
Uncle Mike (Dads brother) and Aunt Jeanne came Wednesday for a few days.  Its been a few years since they have seen them.  I know they went out to dinner last night, I sure hope they had fun.  Maybe Mike can sneak dad out and go golfing or something. 
Derek (Son), Sheena, and kids are going to be there on Friday and staying until Monday.  I hope the weather warms up some so they can enjoy the pool.  Evan and Skylar really had fun swimming there a few weeks ago.  
We are trying to stagger visits so that they dont get bombarded with all of us at the same time. It costs quite a bit to go down there and stay or we would be there more often. 

I would like to thank everyone for following the blog and sending prayers our way.. I know the power of prayer works and I know in my heart that it worked again. 

I also would like to thank a few people individually:
JHGC (with the help of Jeff/Lori Girton) - Thank you ALL for you loving donation.  You have been great friends to our family for some time now and we love you all.
Richard Caummisar - Thank you sooo much for the donation. I dont know you personally, but mom does, and she thanks you immensely.
Carol Eustice - I know you are related to us, but just because of the last name. I would love to meet you.  My family is very grateful for your donation as well.
Craig Leatham- I am soo grateful to know you.  And I know mom and dad feel the same way.  Thank you for your donation and support.  So blessed to have friends like you.
Christy Smith - You are a wonderful person.  I wish you all the happiness, and cant wait for you to get back to the states!  Thank you soo much for your donation for aunt gail. 

Thanks again for all the support!! 

P.S.  A few people have asked for their address to send cards, here it is:
Dan and Gail Brown
P.O. Box 16403
Salt Lake City, UT  84116-0403

No comments:

Post a Comment