Saturday, June 16, 2012

Officially 1 Month Out (plus a few days)

Well i haven't updated blog for a week because I wasn't sure what exactly to say.  A few people have asked how she looks, but i haven't seen her since she was getting out of the hospital.  BUT- Braedon and I decided to rent one of the cabins and come down for a night to visit for Fathers Day.  And let me tell you, she is doing AWESOME.  She looks really good.  She still is a little weak, but getting stronger.
Medically:  Other than a nerve intestinal healing issue (basically when they opened her up, they had to move all the nerves and intestines over to get to the lungs, and it takes a while to get those working properly again), she is right on track (actually ahead of schedule).  She does Physical Therapy 3 times a week, Clinic/Doctor visits once a week, Blood work/Meds once a week (unless meds need adjusted).  She still has to do her temp, weight, blood pressure every morning and night, but that is it.  WOW not too bad for what type of surgery she had.  Another amazing thing is: She had to do her 1 month rejection biopsy:  They put a tube down her nose and looked at both lungs with a scope type thing, then put the biopsy pincher thing on and took little nips of different areas of both lungs (I apologize for not knowing the correct terms).....and guess what..........NO REJECTION at all!!!!!!!!   wooooohoooo
 I still can't wrap my head around the fact that it is even possible to do that invasive of a surgery.

If it wasn't for the wonderful person that agreed to be a donor, I don't know how much longer my mom would be here.  That is hard for me to fathom, and I can't express my gratitude for them and their family.  I feel sorrow for them, but thankful at the same time.   I hope the family received some peace knowing what their loved one did for sooo many people.

Dad went golfing today and Braedon, Mom and I are just hanging out and visiting.  We are going to try and do a "take 2" on the Joe's Crab Shack idea.  We told her "please no more episodes, or Braedon will cry because he really wants Crab".  HAHA   (If you don't know the story, we were at Joe's getting ready to order when "the call" came in).

I have to personally thank a couple more people:
Bob and JoAnne Eustice (Gail's aunt and uncle):  Thank you for the wonderful donation.  I received a couple cards from JoAnne and it was wonderful to hear from her.  I remember her from when I was a little girl.   Thank you SO much.
Sondra and Leonard Hinckley (Golf course friends):  Thank you sooo much.  My mom is overwhelmed with the thought that are are such wonderful people out there and can't begin to express her gratitude. Thanks for the donation.

And thanks to everyone for asking about her, it truly means alot.  And PLEASE keep saying a prayer for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment