Monday, May 21, 2012

Update :)

I decided to wait a couple days in between blogs..so I am sorry if you were expecting one yesterday.  They did a bronc scope today to check for infection and they said it looked great. She is still off O2 most of the time (unless like this morning when she was mildly sedated).  She sounded great on the phone tonight, good spirits, and silly!  She is trying to eat high protein foods to build up some energy.  Her one big complaint is her head is itchy..she cant shower until they take the monitors off (maybe tomorrow) and she said those "stupid shower caps dont cut it".  I asked when she thought she would leave the hospital and she said that they had said "maybe a couple days".  WOW.  Dad said that they were going to take her tubes out today (forgot to ask about that).  I also asked her if it felt different to breath, her response "its hard to explain, its like learning to take normal breaths again, and breath the correct way instead of short fast breaths" but in the end she said yes.   I find modern medicine truly amazing....my poor mom didnt think she would make it to christmas, and now she has a whole new look on life.   What a blessing for all of us, especially her and dad.  
Dad...he is having a hard time adjusting to this new life..he isnt sleeping so well. (Understandably so).  I hope he finds some peace when she gets out, and is able to relax a little more. And not have to run up to the hospital and back and so on.   But I do know that he would not change this for the world...
Ok well I guess thats it for today...I will keep you posted...

P.S. I just wanted to remind everyone of the donate button on the right side of the blog, if you can, we appreciate it.  If you cant, we understand... Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment