Friday, May 4, 2012

Week One in SLC


Hello friends and family.  First let me say that I know now why we live in Idaho!!!  These people are crazy. lol

I’m not exactly sure how the stars got lined up the way they did, but when we bought the 5th wheel last summer, the time seemed right to start setting the stage for retirement.  We really kind of expected to go a little further south than SLC, at least for the winter, though.  Little did we know…..!!!  Also last summer, we sold 5 acres of ground and paid off all of the credit cards.   Again, little did we know…..!!!  What I can definitely say now is that had these things not occurred, I’m not sure we’d be here now, able to retire earlier than planned, and have a place to live without trying to rent an apartment on a fixed income.  So…in spite of my illness, we are blessed as well. 

Anyway, we’ve been in SLC for nearly a week.  Between running back and forth from the hospital to getting our 5th wheel live-in ready (vs. camping ready), to arranging for new oxygen deliveries and swapping out equipment, it’s been kind of a busy week.  We’ve started Support Group classes and I’ve had my orientation with my pulmonary therapist.  I’ll be going to exercise three times a week at the hospital which should be interesting since I can’t walk to the bathroom very easy.  I do what I can though in order to be as strong as I can be for the transplant surgery.  I just pray that the “call” comes sooner rather than later. 

Dan and I both are trying to get into some kind of a routine and get our “stuff” where it needs to be in this temporary home.  It’s harder than one would think, but I expect it will all work out, until then, we both feel a little unsettled. There is a golf course just up the road that Dan has tried out a couple of times.  I'm glad, he needs to get away and relax once in a while.  

Well, that’s about it for now.  Hugs and kisses to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there sis. We love you.
    Mike, Carrie and family

    ReplyDelete